I blog about a variety of things pertaining to business and media. Today I'm going to blog about something near and dear to me: me.
As you may have gathered from some of my posts, I got laid off a few months ago—a victim of downsizing and this terrible economy. Job openings are few and far between unless you are one of those in a revenue-generating field such as sales or development. The handful of companies that are hiring are being slammed with so many resumes that the weight of them all could topple the Brooklyn Bridge.
So, I'm using my cyber real estate today to pitch myself to whoever may be reading this. If you see anything below that could be of benefit to your company, if you know of an unpublished job opening that you think is a good match, or if you have any career advice to throw my way, I'm listening.
Here are the highlights:
- Former TV/radio reporter
- Former magazine and book editor
- Award-winning journalist
- Top-notch employee communications strategist
- Corporate communications pro
- Media relations/PR experience
- Social media savvy
- Versatile writer
- Deadline driven
- Excellent work ethic
- Stellar recommendations from high-level executives
- Background in corporate and nonprofit environments*
* Previous employers include: The Los Angeles Times, KTVA-TV, and The American Youth Soccer Organization.
If you'd like to know more, please connect with me on LinkedIn. And, if you're the kind soul who helps me land some work, dinner is on me.