Is there something you or I, as a business or a brand, can do to tweek our offerings? Is a new revenue source right at our finger tips if we slightly alter what we do or how we do it?
Going back to our example of the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese product line, it's really just orange carbs. Pretty darn basic. But the brand continues to come up with new offerings that are modestly different than its staple product. Easy Mac (individual and microwaveable mac n' cheese), Macaroni and Cheese's TV and movie-themed pasta (e.g. Toy Story), Macaroni and Cheese Crackers (which I loved, but were discontinued), the new Cheddar Explosion with extra cheese sauce, and Homestyle Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese that launched this year in three new flavors. Now, this isn't a fluff piece for Kraft. I simply use these as examples to get us thinking.
So, again, I ask, "Is there something you can do to slightly change the product or service you're bringing to the marketplace?" Consider these questions:
- Can you expand your core product?
- Are you able to offer specialized services?
- Can you attract a new audience or demographic?
- Will a new color, new shape, new size, or other variation broaden your appeal?
- What are the additional ways you can improve life for your customers or clients?
- Can a different approach add new excitement to your standard offerings?
- Do you or your company evolve with the ever changing marketplace?
- Are you showing customers and clients that they can't live without you?