Here are seven no fail things you can do to be helpful to others in your Twitter stream:
- Let people know about professional and/or social events that may be of interest to them
- Introduce your followers to one another if you think they would benefit from knowing one another
- Answer people's questions (so many tweets are from folks who need an answer to something)
- Share articles that can be useful to others in your industry or those with similar interests or hobbies
- Tell people know about the things you find interesting or educational: books, blogs, products, etc.
- Provide unique insight or observations that could be beneficial to others
- Pass the word about cool opportunities (e.g. contests, freebies, coupons, etc)